Pages

Monday 22 July 2019

English: another world-diversity

Over the past two terms in English, all our work has been connected to another world. All our work has been related to the idea of texts set in other worlds, that reflect real life problems. In term one, our main focus was the Zootopia film study. We watched the film, then were put into groups and created a presentation about a specific element of the movie, after which taking all the elements that the different groups spoke about, we wrote an essay about the movie. The second term was kind of similar, except this time we read the novel "Children of blood and bone" by Tomi Adeyemi.


Our main focus was diversity: Which to me is understand different people better, because we are all human and deserve to be treated the same way. In term 2 we watched a small section of a silent voice, which helped me to better understand the struggles a deaf person goes through, and how mocking someone for their inability hear or speak is cruel. Another story that helped me understand diversity was the movie Tarzan. It helped me to understand that just because you are born into a family doesn't mean they are truly your family. Your family is who you choose to be your family, like Tarzan chose the gorillas as his family, and not the humans. Diversity is important because it helps others to understand others of a different culture easily and more in depth.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post, Kerri! It's great that you've thought so much about all the different stories we studied in class and what you gained from them.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.