Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2019

English-Speeches

In English, we wrote, practiced and performed speeches. My speech was an anylisation of the anime Yu-gi-oh, more specifically the character Seto Kaiba. I spoke about his past, the abuse he had to go through, and how through the influence of his rivals he changed from a heartless billionaire to a selfless duelist who is always willing to sacrifice himself when needed. I am proud of the fact that i pushed myself out of my comfort zone and performed in front of a small group, even going as far as to perform it in front of the entire class. For next time, i would change my topic and speak about a worldwide problem instead of something i am passionate about.

1 comment:

  1. Neat reflection, Joey!
    You did really well with your speech. You had eye contact, gestures, a strong voice, rhythm, and you slowed your pace for impact at a points.
    Next time: Deliver the final words in a stronger manner.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.