Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2018

static image

In English with ms mclaren,we have been creating static images based around the book by the name of "abomination". These static images have to have a quote from the book. As well as the static image,we had to write a commentary about it. Heres my commentary:

Static Image Commentary My static image portrays the idea that:Martha Dewhurst is different from everybody else,she belongs to a religion,the righteous,therefore,she finds that connecting with others is against the rules of the righteous. I have shown this by:Using the caption that shows Martha telling scott,Somebody who doesn’t believe in the righteous,but soon befriends Martha,that connecting with outsiders is a bad idea,as her secret,the fact that there is a little boy stuck in a cage,could be released. The visual elements I have used include:An open book,representing Martha’s story about her life and the problems she faced throughout it.Inside the open book is a silhouette of a girl holding a bible on one side,representing martha and her strong belief in the righteous,A religious group that strongly believes in christianity,hence she is holding a bible. On the other side is a silhouette of a boy,representing scott,a boy who bullied martha,until realising it was wrong,so he started sticking up for her,causing him to be bullied to. Scott then tries to befriend martha,despide her doubts and warnings. I have used the colour (s)black,white,red and pink,as they represent the black bible and people represent Scott,as he is not apart of the righteous,was full of “darkness”,and his communication with martha was containing her in this darkness,causing her to do things that are not apart of the rules of the righteous. The red text represents her fear that the secret would be released if she befriended scott,which which would cause hell to spread through her family.The white background represents the purity martha and her family have,through their connection and believes with the righteous. The pink outermost background represents the love that martha starts feeling for scott.The quotation I have chosen are relevant because It expresses Martha's concern she has for scott and his constant connecting with Martha,as she fears that her parents and the righteous will find out.

I enjoyed writing the abomination commentary,and I hope to write another one of these soon. I am going to end this post with a photo of my static image:



x

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.