Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

anaerobic respiration

Aim: To demonstrate the effects of anaerobic respiration {muscle fatigue}

Hypothesis: I think that after a while, the muscles will begin to grow tired and sore.

Equipment: A spring-loaded clothes peg

Method:
1:hold the clothes peg between your thumb and forefinger

2:relax your fingers so that the peg closes all the way

3:squeeze your thumb and forefinger so the peg is fully open.

4: repeat steps 2 and 3 as fast as possible until you experience muscle fatigue.

results: I was able to keep going for 1 minute 17 seconds before my fingers began to experience fatigue.

conclusion: My hypothesis was right, after a while, my fingers did experience fatigue.

discussion: I do not think there is anything different i should have done, for i followed the instructions, and got the results that were relevant to the experiment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri-Anne,
    Great first sciblog, it was good to see the Aim, Hypothesis, Method, Results and Conclusion!
    Next time it would be awesome if your discussion had an explanation of why you think your conclusion is happening. For example- I think my fingers got more sore as I was using up all the energy, and there was not enough oxygen to make more using aerobic respiration, so it could only make a little bit using anaerobic.
    Your evaluation is where you put changes and things you would do differently next time.

    Grade- 6/10

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.