Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

stone age art

In social studies, we studied stone age art, why the art was created, how it was made, and what it represented. We were then tasked to design our own art, which we painted onto the walls of our classroom. Stone age art was made to showcase how the people lived, or as a message for other tribes and future generations. The stone age art represented anything from hunting animals to large gatherings and rituals. Some of the weapons included in the art were axes, pickaxes, bows, arrows and spears. Bows, arrows, and spears were used for hunting, Axes were used for cutting down trees, and pickaxes were used for digging purposes. These weapons were typically made from wood, bone and stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.