Pages

Friday 24 August 2018

The Most Traditional Of Tales

throughout the past few weeks in English, specifically weeks 4 and 5, 9 bu, myself included, have been working on creations based off of fairy tales, fables, legends and myths. This week, I have made 2 different creations, one about Greek myths, and one about the Aesop fable "the fox and the crow." The Greek myths creation was a paining of the Greek zodiacs, the 12 we all know today, as i read the myths about each and every one of them. My favorite being the myth of Taurus,also known as the bull, and my starsign; Which is about a large, powerful bull {with anger issues}, and Persephone, goddess of spring. The bull goes rampaging through a field of flowers, only to meet Persephone, whom teaches him kindness and consideration, and together, the pair form a bond. Because of the large bond, Persephone begins to ride the bull into markets, making all the flowers bloom; and when she goes back to Hades in the underworld, the bull goes back into the stars as Taurus, the bull. Following that, i made a scene out of clay from the Aesop fable "the fox and the crow, which is about a very hungry fox, and a crow, who is in a tree, a piece of cheese in her beak. The fox, thinking up a quick idea, walks to the tree, and begins to praise the beauty of the crow, making her let out a thankful caw, but the cheese fell out of her beak and into the fox's jaws, and the fox walks out, having eaten, leaving the crow with no food to eat. Together, both projects have taken me around 3-4 periods to do, as well as about 2 hours of at home work, mainly for planning these out, including 1 period total to do the reading of everything, and 2 periods for the actual making itself, but in the end, its been worth the time. I have enjoyed creating these projects, although some of them have been quite time consuming. I have done a couple of other projects, but these 2 are the 2 i'm most proud of, so i prefer to talk about them the most. Throughout these stories, I've learnt many things, like in Greece, there is always a Greek god associated with the legends of my zodiac signs e.c.t. These stories I've read over the weeks have taught me A lot about different countries, such as Greece and Scotland. What do i think the purposes of each story is? Well, i think the purpose for the legends about the zodiacs signs are to teach us about the wonder and mystery of the zodiacs,and how they came to be, where as for the fox and the crow, i think that the purpose is to teach us to not be easily manipulated by those around us, as you never know when they are lying to us.

here are a few photos from the fox and the crow work:


unfortunately, i have no photos of the Greek Zodiacs painting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri. Your fox and crow you made out of clay look great. I found your post a little hard to read as the font was a bit small and it could have been better with more spacing. I can see how The Fox and the Crow story is like the story I read called Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby where animals are tricking each other.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.